Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Master Cleanse - Day 10

Day 10! I never thought I would get to this day! I feel quieted and a bit serene, not bursting with energy, just peaceful. Hubby thinks it has damaged my brain. Perhaps it has because I plan on doing this Cleanse every 3 months, making that 4 times a year.

I have lost 4 kgs in weight, 2" off each of my chest, tummy and each thigh.

On waking this morning, I blearily stared down the bottle of Salt Water Flush, chugged it down in 3 phases then bade it a fond farewell! I have found that by taking a big deep breath, drinking deeply to the count of 10 big gulps, stopping for a breather, then repeating this twice more broke it down into manageable portions and helped me to empty the litre bottle. Making the stuff stay down was a mission for me but the strange nauseous feeling passes quite quickly as it works its way down through the colon.

Within a half hour I am desperately thirsty and the freshly made Lemonade is very welcoming indeed. Today I will drink the Lemonade to the last drop and then bid that goodbye too because I can. Tonight will be my first bit of sustenance other than the Lemonade and I will juice some orange and grapefruit diluted with a bit of mineral water. Tomorrow morning, the first day off the Cleanse will start out with the diluted orange and grapefruit juice, a simple vegetable (maybe just cucumber, tomato, celery and carrot) juice for lunch and by suppertime I will be able, I am sure to tolerate a bigger selection of veggies in my juice and then a salad. (I am desperate for something to chew on! Not hungry at all, I just want/need to chew!)

The Salt Water Flush is not a step to be missed out because it is such an important part of the whole Cleanse. Remember I said that the Herbal Senna Tea was like the agitator of your washing machine, with the Salt Water being the Rinse Cycle. This morning, with the Salt Water Flush behind me (pun), I was reminded of a funny little incident involving my 4 year old grandson Joshua:
One day, just before his 4Th birthday, I asked him (the way Nanas do) who he would be inviting to his upcoming birthday party. His reply was an emphatic "NO girls!"
Prompting him a bit, and reminding him that his favourite cousin Hannah was a girl, and his good friend Mackenzie was a girl, and even pointed out that Nana was a girl. Did that mean we all couldn't come to his party as well?
He capitulated and his little face softened - of course we could come, but just not Lucy (named changed because they have since made friends).
Pushing him further, I tried to find out why not Lucy?
He was absolutely adamant and his chest enfolded itself inside his arms as they folded nearly halfway round his little body, thus clutched, his eyes closed for dramatic effect and he articulated slowly as if I was a little slow to catch on:
"Because I just don't like her! She is not pleasant to me (pleasant? where does a 4 years old get words like that?), so she is NOT coming to my party." And for emphasis added: "NO, she's NOT!"
I felt like saying that to the bottle of salt water this morning but I knew that even though it wasn't pleasant to me, the effects were that I was 4kg shy of my normal weight and I couldn't fault that. Nor could I fault the 2 inch loss around various strategic parts of my body!

I must say that I have been thinking about those Vietnamese Raw Spring Rolls with dipping sauce, a lot. Maybe that's what I'll make for supper tomorrow night. But I will keep the posts going, especially since this is to be a predominently Raw Food experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment