Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Master Cleanse Day 2

Second day today and it is really scary how I feel. If it wasn't for the fact that I KNOW that keeping up to the end will yield the results I want, I would have stopped it last night! My head is pumping and joints are aching, and I feel sluggish and very tired. Slept lightly throughout the night and battled with nausea, so drinking the Salt Water Flush this morning was a real struggle. In fact, I didn't finish the whole litre, probably left a small glassful in the bottle, but I understand that it does get easier, so probably by tomorrow (the 3rd day) it will fine.

Here are some excerpts from Peter Glickman's book "Taking Charge of your Health with the Master Cleanse":

"Detox symptoms are what you feel when toxins are mobilized, but
not yet eliminated. They are a double-edged sword. Detox symptoms
are a milestone in the detoxifying process. They indicate you are
mobilizing and eliminating toxins. Unfortunately, they do not make
you feel good."

"It is important for someone on the Master Cleanse to know what
detox symptoms are and that they typically go away after the next
morning’s eliminations. It is next to impossible to go through ten
consecutive days of cravings or tiredness with no relief in sight, but
when you know those feelings will be gone with tomorrow’s
eliminations, anyone can make it through the Master Cleanse."

On the headaches, he writes:

"Headaches and other aches. Very few people on the Master
Cleanse get headaches or other aches: in my experience perhaps
5% or less. Those who get headaches have heavy caffeine habits
(that's me thank you! Cappuccino addict!)
before going cold turkey on the Master Cleanse. These headaches
lasted three to five days. Other people may have aches and pains
from previous illnesses for a few days before these aches and
pains disappear a few days later. A friend had very severe
hemorrhoids previous to the Master Cleanse. They appeared a
few days after he started and went away a few days later. It was
his impression that they would not be back.

Funnily enough, my one rib began to ache last night from an old injury when I fell off my bike a while ago. It hasn't bugged me since it healed, but apparently there must still be some unfinished toxic business around the soft tissue. Well, hopefully this will dissipate as Peter G says it should in a couple of days!

One important point to note here - my headache was so bad all night that this morning I placed a small amount (tip of a teaspoon) of MSM powder under my tongue and in virtually no time at all, the stinging behind my right eye had gone. MSM is an organic sulfur which is produced in the body naturally and is responsible for just about every cell in the body. It is also a known natural pain reliever.

Other than that, apart from extreme tiredness (I must be very toxic - all the more reason to continue to the end), I am moving on slowly. Family dinner last night was shamefully a bought vegetable curry and rice from the local Supermarket for Mom, but Hubby decided to have a salad with springbok carpaccio (which we had in the snack drawer of the 'fridge - so that was handy), sprinkled with Bragg's liquid aminos, a little organic olive oil and finished with a grinding of pepper. I had bought a fresh loaf of rye and onion bread from the local baker and this was appreciated by both of them.

I will have to think about tonight's repast, but thankfully Hubby is fully supportive of this Cleanse, so will understand and step in if I ask nicely. Mom on the other hand can't for the life of her see why someone would deliberately make themselves feel ill. "Just stop it for goodness sake and eat a nice sandwich or something!"

No comments:

Post a Comment