Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Master Cleanse - Day 3

Day 3 elimination stage over, i.e. the Salt Water Flush. I managed the dreaded stuff only leaving a tiny bit at the bottom of the litre bottle, but it sure feels wonderful to wake up to no nausea and no headache. I even had a fitful night's sleep last night. The MSM powder just under the tongue trick is too wonderful and I resorted to doing that at least 3 times yesterday (Day 2) for the pain. Just the tip of a tsp, mind, because it is not only a pain-reliever but it is also a powerful detoxifier in its own right. Did I mention that if you place it directly under the tongue, it is absorbed straight into the bloodstream bypassing the gut, and hits the spot far more quickly than just swallowing it with some water.

I can even face the Lemonade drink today and have polished off 3 glasses already and its only mid-morning. On Day 2 I could hardly get the stuff down and had to dispose of at least 2 glasses down the sink.

This morning, I commented that it was a beautiful, sunny day and Hubby cautioned: "No walking!" He must have read my mind because that was exactly what I was planning, but he is right. Tomorrow I will probably be feeling more up to it and will tackle a bit of my old route and see how I go.

Last night's supper options were "freezer specials" for the family and Hubby chose Chili Con Carne with buttered rye bread and for Mom it was Veggie Soup with buttered rye bread. Both were more than happy and I disappeared for a long hot soak in the bath with a cup of organic peppermint tea. I must say that my food thoughts are leaning more and more toward the raw spring rolls with dipping sauce I made some nights ago (you'll find the recipes on a previous blog if you page back). Hubby emailed me a recipe for Peri-Peri Calamari With Chouriço, Parsley and Preserved Lemon with a small hopeful note: Mmmmh...sounds like supper? I replied, not likely, sounds like hard work and specially since I have to sniff up all those smells - maybe tomorrow.

I know its early days still, but the whites of my eyes seem whiter and brighter and the white coating (something to expect) on my tongue is only in the middle, surrounded by pink again. From what I have read, an indication that your body is returning to a normal (non-toxic state) is that the colour of the tongue should be a nice healthy pink colour, all over.

Smiling again, I lift my glass of Lemonade and drink it down. I must say, I do quite like it!

Roll on this evening because tomorrow will be Day 4 and then I am "over the hump" so to speak. I believe that it just gets better from here on, physically I mean. Boredom and food cravings are the next hurdles to overcome. Oh well, I can always chew on the pages of the Rawlicious Cookbook if I promise not to swallow any paper.
By pre-tearing it into tiny even shreds, or making torn paper patterns, that should alleviate some of the boredom at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment